Monday 5 May 2014

Number 17


Another slow burner from left field*. This has been in the news recently, after someone found a message after just short of 100 years. Clearly, the joy at beating this record would be tempered by the fact that I'd be dead. So I'm going to throw it into the Thames, with the hope it will be picked out by Kate Bush, who lives 48 miles downriver, and I'd imagine spends a lot of her time staring at the water trying to think of songs. I've chosen the bottle that I think would catch Kate's eye ...
 ... but still thinking about the message ... has to take into account the slim chance that someone who isn't Kate Bush might find it. And should I offer a reward?

*silly mid-off

4 comments:

Molly Potter said...

How about:

"It's me Kathy, wondering what time you'll be home for tea. Hoping you're not too hot, too greedy. It's just paella." Then your phone number.

jim_greenan said...

I don't want to give her my phone number. She might stalk me.

Anonymous said...

Got the bottle, password smudged- imagine it's wuthering... Send me the tenner- not sure about the album. Wasn't sefton a racehorse?

jim_greenan said...

Well done for finding the bottle, Anonymous, a tenner is on its way to you - don't worry, I guessed your address. Sefton is actually a windy area on Merseyside.