10. The potting shed. The peaceful corner where I'm sent to play the accordion. Hmm ... maybe that paintwork needs attention.
9. The shower. I am normally in here after a run, so I am high on endorphins. I also had my six ideas in here.
8. The piano. Probably has a few stories to tell. It was Ruth Gardener's before it came to us, and who knows before that. It is played a lot by me and Fred, my dwindling students, and used by Lola to make up songs. I wonder if pianos remember all the tunes ever played on them when they're drowning.
6. The shoe basket. Always evolving. Increasingly dominated by Fred's tanker-sized trainers.
5. Kids' art going up the stairs in chronological order.
4. End of ancient washing-line in outbuilding, which was the shared washroom for the cottages behind. You can sense the hundreds-of-years-old gossip in the air.
3. Kitchen window-sill. In this area, there's everything you could need, from a giant wooden staring eye, to a Blue Peter badge, to a doll's arm. This is also where Derek lives with his girlfriend.
2. Top of the piano. An abandoned tropical corner where Aardman Animation seem to be filming an adult movie.